Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ozma of Oz

 


Been (re)reading the original Oz books this summer. Previously I had only really read "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" and "The Road to Oz"- it has been really great to FINALLY understand who Ozma is and where she came from! She is definately one of my favorite Oz femmes. ("The Marvelous Land of Oz" made General Jinjur my ABSOLUTE favorite, though I still love Dorothy and Glinda just as much as ever.)

Reading beyond the Deslow illustrated first book was something I was dreading for a long time. I was not sure if I could deal with a blonde Dorothy, but I rather like her BETTER. I love Neil's art nouveau inspired illustrations, being a bit of a Mucha nut myself, and wanted to do a tribute of sorts. So... I drew a vaguely art nouveau Ozma. I love her poppy headdress, it is so pretty!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: